Inspired by a student post, here is what is in my school bag:
- No less than three packs of Post-its of various shapes, sizes, and colors
- Five pens: one black Flair pen, two black Uniball pens, one cheap Staples ball point pen
- Two crumpled receipts from Dunkin Donuts: large coffees
- An empty bottle of my migraine medicine, to remind me to stop at CVS and get it refilled
- One cherry Chapstick, two Mac red lipsticks so scratched up that I can’t read the label to see what the color is called, one Burt’s Bee’s watermelon lipgloss
- My wallet: a small zipper wallet that came included with my ski parka, the kind meant to be used when you’re doing sports, but who has time to switch everything back and forth every time?
- My keys: two ski rack keys (one for my car, one for Brinton’s), a house key, my car key, attached to a key ring that Brinton’s father made in his word-working days.
- A half-full/half-empty bottled water. I see it both ways.